Are you in the market for a functional replica – an accurate copy of the original Lakhovsky Multiple Wave Oscillator? There are various Multi-Wave Oscillator devices advertised and offered for sale on the internet. Some of them are well built, and many have very little in common with the original devices produced by Georges Lakhovsky at the Laboratoires C.O.L.Y.S.A between 1933 and 1940.
Several still functional original Lakhovsky MWO devices were discovered in Italy. Through the efforts of two curious engineers Bruno Sacco and Tony Kerselaers, those devices were meticulously analysed and reverse engineered. They published their findings in the eBook “The Lakhovsky Multiple Wave Oscillator Secrets Revealed” (visit their website: http://users.skynet.be/Lakhovsky/Secrets%20Revealed.htm).
According to their findings, we have prepared a list of nine features critical for achieving the effects of the original Lakhovsky Multiple Wave Oscillator:
- The main resonant frequency of high voltage resonators (coils) is in the same frequency range as the original Lakhovsky MWO devices produced by Laboratoires C.O.L.Y.S.A. The high voltage resonator coils should be made in such a way to prevent the formation of electrical corona and the resulting damage to the wire insulation. All of the high voltage cables should be heavily insulated (in the modernised version it is replaced with the coaxial cable with its shielding grounded for safety reasons).
- Split ring resonators that make up the MWO antenna are made of metal pipes suspended in space to shape and direct the signal radiation lobe towards the opposite antenna. Although planar antennas would work to some extent, their behaviour is different from the tube split-ring resonators. The antennas should be able to be easily rotated into the upper or lower vertical position.
- The transmitted signal and the reflected signal are reversed in phase 180° to cancel each other in between the antennas. It is crucial for the transmitted and reflected signals to cancel each other thus forming the point of the high scalar potential. The cancellation of signals seems to be one of the fundamental principles of how the Lakhovsky Multi-Wave Oscillators work. If the transmitted and the reflected signals would not cancel each other, the effects of the device would be significantly different from the original MWO.
- The output voltage potential is adjustable, and the input parameters (input voltage, input current) are monitorable. The operator of the device should be able to precisely set the desired operating conditions and monitor the input parameters.
- The pulse rate of spark gap discharge is precisely adjustable and repeatable. The operator should be able to precisely and set the pulse rate while monitoring the spark gap operation through a UV protected control window. Tungsten electrodes should be reliably held and easily replaceable.
- Cabling is done right. The quality of grounding and the length of cables determine the shape of the signal envelope, which appears to be a crucial factor in the proper operation of the device.
- Device enclosure is made of metal and electrically grounded. To reduce substantial radio-frequency interference emitted by the spark gap and to provide safety from any possible electrical shock to the operator, the device should be inside the electrically grounded metallic enclosure.
- The device key parts are durable and robust. All of the critical components should be made adequately robust and capable of withstanding any possible electrical extremes and of operating reliably for many years.
- The accessories are included with the replica set. Historically, Lakhovsky Multiple Wave Oscillators were each equipped with a capacitively coupled footplate and hand-held spiral applicators for focusing the signal.
Please use this list of essential features as a guideline when evaluating different offers on the market.